Gourmet Food Parlour are looking for experienced and friendly full time waiting staff for Front of House to join our team in Gourmet Food Parlour in our Dun Laoghaire restaurant.
We’re looking for people who are excited to come in to work every day and who are ready to develop the team, grow with the brand & tackle challenges.
Front of House Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcome customers and lead them to their seats
- Introduce our menus and describe different dishes and drinks
- Make recommendations on specialties
- Take orders and process correctly through EPOS system.
- Deliver orders to the table in a timely manner
- Maintain a section of the restaurant ensuring customers are looked after through all stages of their visit.
- Adhere to food, sanitary and safety standards
- Inspect the quality and looks of the dishes, making sure they uphold standards
- Identify and resolve any special requirements, wants and needs of customers.
- Be confident in handling complaints and issues calmly
- Deliver checks and accept payment
- Collaborate closely with other staff members
Requirements and Qualifications
- 1 year of experience as a wait staff or similar role
- Knowledge of cash register and any ordering information system
- Customer oriented approach
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Be calm under pressure & be able to multitask
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Meet store operating policies and standards adhering to HACCP guidelines and store safety and security.
- Engage with and understand other team members through clear and pleasant communication
- Comply within company dress and personal hygiene code that meets HACCP guidelines
- Available to perform many different tasks within the store during each shift
- Have a valid work permit/visa
- Discounted food
- Flexible working hours
- Wellness programmes
Gourmet Food Parlour is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Employee discount
- Free coffee
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Front of House: 1 year (required)